Final Fantasy VII
Welcome to Wikibooks' a little bit incomplete, but slowly growing guide to Final Fantasy VII. This console role-playing game became a smash hit in 1997 and has continued to draw attention from video game fans everywhere.
This guide started August 18, 2005, and was inspired by the massively successful Wikibook to Final Fantasy VI and the dozens of guides already on the Web that aren't editable. Countless keyboards have had their keycaps faded as people worked tirelessly on walkthroughs on these games; this guide's intent is to waste some more time on this activity, hopefully for the last time ever.
This Wikibook doesn't intend to serve only as a walkthrough, but also as an in-depth guide to specific parts of the game, complete game reference, site for in-depth analysis, and collection of trivia—also trivia that is too in-depth or trivial to be included in Wikipedia.
Oh yes, as of yet, ambition is greater than resources at hand and there's only some content in this guide. So far. But it's growing!
Note to the editors: See also the talk page for some random guidelines, notes, and most of the project-related discussion. Also, the Table of Contents below is very preliminary in itself; If some article title feels bad and it's not created yet, feel free to change it. Avoid moving already created articles if you possibly can, but it can be done if you have a good reason.
Story synopsis and timelineEdit
- Assault on Mako Reactor no. 1
- Sector 7 Slums and Assault on Mako Reactor no. 5
- Meeting Aerith, Wall Market, Don Corneo
- Sewers, the Train Graveyard, and the fall of Sector 7
- Back to Aerith's House and the Road to Shin-Ra HQ
- Infiltrating Shin-Ra HQ
- Five years ago, and a Parade for Rufus
- In Shin-Ra Uniform
- Costa del Sol, Corel, and the first visit to Gold Saucer
- Desert Prison, Chocobo race, and a visit to Gongaga
- Cosmo Canyon and Red XIII's family matters
- Nibelheim, Rocket Town and Tiny Bronco
- Gold Saucer Dream Date
- Temple of the Ancients
- Sleeping Forest and the Forgotten Capital
- Into the cold
- A tricky situation in Junon base
- A journey through cloudless skies
- Huge Materia below and above
- Weapon Raid at Midgar and Requiem for Shin-Ra
- Optional characters — Yuffie and Vincent
- Wutai sidequests
- Things to Collect — Materia caves, Turtle's Paradise posters, etc
- Weapons — those terrifying big optional bosses: Ultimate Weapon, Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon.
- Enemy Skills
- Trivia – interesting and unusual details, either present in the game as such or discovered by other means
- Glitches and errors – for glitches and bugs in the game, as well as flaws in story and translations, and other story-related nitpicking.
- Literature and sources
- History and Contributors — If you add any substantial content, add yourself here.