A chutney is a variety of condiment similar to a relish, originating in South Asian cuisine. There is a wide variety, but chutneys usually consist of spiced fruits and/or vegetables. The texture can range anywhere from smooth to chunky, and the spiciness can range from mild to hot. They often have an acidic component.
- Gisslen's Professional Cooking (2015)
- Oxford Companion to Food (2014)
- Labensky et al., On Cooking (2019)
- Culinary Essentials (2010)
- Rinsky's The Pastry Chef's Companion (2008)