Cookbook:Mango Chutney (Smooth)
|Mango Chutney (Smooth)|
- 1 large raw (unripe) mango, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp asafoetida ("Heengh" in Hindi, "Perungayum" in Tamil)
- 3–4 dry red chillies
- 2–3 green chillies (add more if you want it spicier)
- 1 tsp lime juice (if mango is not sour enough)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¾ tbsp salt (adjust to taste)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, green chillies, and red chillies. Wait until the mustard seeds splutter, then remove pan from stove.
- Grind the above mixture with mango, lime juice (if needed), turmeric, and salt