Code build number edit
- The main enhanced Wikibook data tables corresponding to the N3V source page Version And Build Numbers, which includes release dates, and citations. page is found at
The Code build number or Trainz build version (two names meaning the identical 'tracking number') is a type of model number of the software, an unique software specific identifier that in Trainz practices— increments not only with 'named' main retail releases, but with each release for specific language groups, and by Hotfixes, as well as by Service_pack releases. As described in the Notes section below, it also changes in-house with software under development[note 1]
Initial Trainz code build versions are not released in initial retail release versions for all world wide languages at the same time, but these are produced as available translations, so typically, non-English releases lag by some months, but may have hot fixes or service packs already installed. As the translation needs are satisfied and an overall release stabilizes, subsequent service pack releases apply to those code build numbers and effectively combine language releases into a merged common product. At the end of the process, the final service pack produces a single stable code build version, creating the final corresponding Trainz (two digit) version number and corresponding identical Trainz-build tag level found in assets config.txt file.
Currently Supported Releases edit
Trainz versions are known best by their 'Retail Release name', after which N3V Games/Auran, following general software industry practices subsequently release bug fixing hot fixes and usually a succession of service packs. The below table is for the most recent Windows release.
- For detailed code build version increments in various versions, Click to see table:
Notes and references edit
Additional information and release tables for all other versions, see the combined Versions And Build Numbers appendix.
Notes, Footnotes & References edit
Config.txt files are endemic and ever present in Trainz assets, for no asset can be defined without this type of Computer Science container. The keyword-value_of_key pairing must always be kept in mind in editing or creating Trainz content. The TrainzBaseSpec contains values and containers which are most common in asset defining config.txt files.
- In a December 2013 email, Trainz Version Manager James Moody stated that at times he did as many as five or six builds and related Trainz Installs a day.
- , shadowarrior, N3V Games Sys-Op; This patch turned out to be corrupted and was taken off the web and replaced by patch 2
- fake cite Invalid
<ref>tag; name "TS12 Patch 2 (48249)" defined multiple times with different content
- TS12 SP1 Hotfix 3 and Auto-patch Now Available, by WindWalkr, Published on June 6th, 2013 02:00 AM.
- Sequence confirmed by Author ed. Fabartus with successive careful installs of TS10, keeping different versions on different drives as installed to new computer. Hotfix from build 43434 inferred from patching method. Manual patch directly skipped.
- Trainz TS10 and TS12 Hot-fix Patches released,sub-titled: "Patch for TS10 SP3 build 44088 will take the build to version 49933.", by N2V's Shadowarrior
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Trainz TS10 and TS12 Hot-fix Patches released,Later annotated: "Note: To be able to install Aerotrain and any future DLC packs, you will need to install this patch for your Trainz build.", Last edited by shadowarrior; November 17th, 2011 at 08:27 PM.
- Trainz TS10 and TS12 Hot-fix Patches released,sub-titled: "Patch for TS12 build 48249 will take the build to version 49922", by N2V's Shadowarrior
- Trainz 12 Service Pack 1, by aronc, Published on April 10th, 2013 12:47 AM
- TS12 SP1 Hotfix 2 now available, by GPavlich, Published on April 30th, 2013 07:38 AM
- TS12 SP1 Hotfix 1 now available, by GPavlich, Published on April 18th, 2013 02:00 AM
- Trainz printed or pdf file Manuals, applicable version - usually in the ..\extras or ..\extras\manuals folder
- and various other pages
- Various CCG and Auran websites
|This reference page is adapted from the
under the . This page will likely include more textual explanations, exposition, history, and/or examples than .
The TrainzOnline Wiki is for the most part maintained by the programmers or knowledgeable content creators and may have newer more up-to-date information on the current trainz-build code standards, which have some tendency to change as features are added to the software.