(Redirected from Cookbook:Welsh Cake)
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Welsh | Dessert
Welsh cakes (Welsh: picau ar y maen) are a popular cake in Wales that are similar to scones and Cornish Heavy cakes.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour then rub together with the butter and salt until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in sugar and dried fruit.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating together until mixture forms a thick dough. If dough will not form, add a small amount of milk (i.e. a tablespoon).
- Knead for two to three minutes until dough becomes cohesive and slightly elastic.
- Roll dough out on a flat surface.
- Cut two to three inch circles from the dough and fry on a griddle until golden brown.