Cookbook:Thick-Crust Pizza(Redirected from Cookbook:Thick-crust pizza)
- 1 can of tuttorosso tomato sauce (12 oz)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 packets yeast
- 6+ cups flour
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mozzarella cheese
- Various toppings - pepperoni, onions, peppers
Makes two pizzas
- Pour can of tomato sauce into a mixing bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 teaspoon basil, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, and 1 tablespoon crushed garlic to bowl
- Stir, and set aside
Makes one pizza
- Mix 1 packet of yeast with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir
- Pour yeast/water into bowl containing 2 1/2 cups flour. Stir
- Spread out wax paper. Sprinkle with flour. Pour dough out of mixing bowl onto wax paper. Knead. Repeatedly add more flour until dough feels fairly dry and consistent.
- Sprinkle bowl with flour. Roll dough into a ball, sprinkle outside with flour, and put into bowl.
- Cover bowl with a towel. Let stand for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees.
- Coat bottom and sides of aluminum pan with vegetable oil (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- Lay out wax paper, and sprinkle a layer of flour on top.
- Flatten dough on wax paper using rolling pin
- Put dough in pan
- Make ridge around outside of dough
- Add sauce, mozzarella, toppings
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes