Cookbook:Rosemary and Citrus Cordial
|Rosemary and Citrus Cordial|
|Yield||2 cups (500 ml/1.1 US pt)|
This recipe for rosemary and citrus cordial is adapted from page 26 of the April 2023 edition of Tesco's magazine.
- Using a peeler, remove long strips of peel from grapefruit and 2 of lemons. Be careful not to remove any of white pith.
- Put the peels into a saucepan. Juice the lemons and grapefruit, and add the juice to the pan.
- Using a rolling pin, roll over the rosemary sprigs a few times on a chopping board to release the oils.
- Add the rosemary to the pan with ginger, sugar, and water.
- Heat for 5 minutes over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes until you get a slightly thick syrup. Leave it to cool, then use immediately or chill overnight to develop the flavors.
- Strain the cordial syrup through a sieve into a bowl or jug. Transfer to a bottle.
- To use, mix 1–2 tablespoons of cordial into ⅔ cup (160 ml/5.4 US fl oz) of fizzy water to make a soda, or add to boiling water with 2 tablespoons of whiskey to make a hot toddy.