This is a fast and easy cake to make.
Dutch Oven MethodEdit
- Preheat Dutch oven in a 350˚F oven. Grease the Dutch oven.
- Dump in pineapple with juice and spread evenly.
- Dump in pie filling and spread evenly over the pineapple.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over cherry layer.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake about 50 minutes at 350˚F.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan.
- Proceed as in the Dutch oven method above, starting with step #2.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
- You can bake this without a conventional oven by using the Dutch oven method. After filling the Dutch oven, cover it and place it on a bed of coals. Place additional coals on top. Use very few coals on the bottom and more on top.
- Put a glass full of water in the middle of the Dutch Oven before baking to help it bake evenly, from inside and out.
- Use any pie filling you want.
- Serve warm or room temperature.