Wikibooks:Requests for permissions
|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions|
|Requests for Permissions Archives|
All rights available on Wikibooks are handled here, including autoreview, reviewer, importer, uploader, administrator (and interface administrator), bureaucrat, CheckUser, pseudo-bot, and bot flags. A nomination must demonstrate how the project will benefit from granting the rights.
- To nominate a user (including yourself), add their username to the appropriate section below. Please explain why you feel the nominated user would be a good choice. All registered Wikibookians may comment, and provide arguments in support or opposition. For the bot flag, technical information about the bot may be requested. See the specific requirements for each type of access on their respective pages.
- Consensus does not need to be demonstrated —though discussion is welcome— in granting autoreview, reviewer, importer, and uploader flags. Administrators may use their best judgement in granting those. Interface admin was historically part of the administrator tool set and is granted on request to administrators. All other tools require community consensus and can only be granted by bureaucrats. Access to CheckUser is governed by CheckUser policy. After about one week, if there is consensus to grant access, then a bureaucrat will make it so and record the fact here. If not, a bureaucrat may refuse to grant the rights and the request will remain until a consensus is reached.
Removal of permissionsEdit
|Note: You may request removal of your own rights at meta:Steward requests/Permissions. Requests to remove others' rights should be placed here, whether due to inactivity, or abuse. Proposals for the removal of advanced permissions (included admin and bureaucrat rights) are governed by the WB:ADMIN policy. A minimum discussion of one month is required to remove an admin or bureaucrat for inactivity.|
- Hi, thanks for the note. The admin rights were removed by a Steward earlier today. There's been a discussion at the reading room earlier and we're happy that the other rights don't need removing (which is broadly in line with what Wikipedia does). QuiteUnusual (discuss • contribs) 16:54, 26 February 2021 (UTC)
Requests for permissionsEdit
| Note: When adding nominations, please use the format
Russell Cameron Thomas (Uploader)Edit
Russell Cameron Thomas (Administrator)Edit
Prahlad balaji (Autoreview)Edit
Hi I'm Jules, username Mrjulesd. I would like to make a request for adminship (RfA), which was recently suggested to me on my user talk page (thanks). I would like to give a brief summary of my contributions here, and to Wikimedia projects in general. You can also see a summary at CentralAuth, and xtools.
- I joined Wikimedia in September 2012, but didn't start actively editing until September 2014, at English Wikipedia; I have continued to edit there since then. I made my first edit to English Wikibooks in February 2019, so I have been actively editing here for two years. Overall I have made over 14,000 edits to Wikimedia projects, with over 6,000 edits to Wikibooks, of which nearly 4,000 are to the mainspace. I use a strong unique password for logging on to my unified account. I have never edited for pay on Wikimedia projects, and I don't have any conflict of interests. I have never been blocked on a Wikimedia project. I have one alternate account, User:Mrjulesd(alt); I have occasionally made IP edits, but usually these are because I've forgotten to log-in
- My main point of interest is the book I have written here, Brief History of Europe. Well it was supposed to be brief, but its mushroomed into eight longish chapters! Still its been an interesting experience, and any comments are always welcome. I have contributed to a number of other book here, but its been quite a scattered approach, I just tend to make fixes when I see them, so it is often connected with my patrolling. I created Template:Chapter navigation with TOC for book navigation, which is now used on three books.
- I have done a fair amount of anti-vandalism work and page patrols. I was made a reviewer here in September 2019 by QuiteUnusual, as auto-promotion was not working at that time. I have made over 9,400 manual pending changes reviews to pages I have come across during patrol; occasionally I make mistakes, but I think my overall accuracy is good. I have contributed to the project (Wikibooks) and help namespaces, where I have made over 280 and 50 edits respectively. I welcome and try to help editors a fair bit. I created Template:Wikibooks editor navigation for internal navigation, and I recently updated Help:Contents. I am fairly active on the reading room forums, including work on the ongoing start allowing game strategies thread.
I would like to request adminship to work on admin backlogs, which I feel I can handle with my experience; I am aware of Wikibooks policies and guidelines. Now there are a number of active admins on the project for handling admin tasks. But of course this could change in the future, quite often contributors leave Wikimedia projects. Also I personally believe that suitable candidates should be promoted if they fulfill basic criteria, which I would suggest to be a reasonable level of experience, and no obvious red flags. So I am requesting on that basis, and I would probably support other candidates for adminship on that basis too.
Anyway, thanks for your consideration. I invite all members of the community to support, oppose, or comment; I will also try to answer any questions that you might have. --Jules (Mrjulesd) 21:55, 23 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support I'm comfortable with Mrjulesd joining the team. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 01:06, 24 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support No issues from my side; he's a solid contributor who has demonstrated sufficient knowledge on Wikibooks policies, plus has contributed from a content standpoint. The number of active admins isn't that relevant in his candidacy. Leaderboard (discuss • contribs) 07:18, 24 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support Minorax (discuss • contribs) 06:03, 25 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support. —Hasley (discuss • contribs) 17:06, 26 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support Great job and also appreciate on his work in Commons too. Encik Tekateki (discuss • contribs) 02:10, 27 February 2021 (UTC)