|| Fundamentals for Trainz Trainees
About Category-region codesEdit
Category-region codes are a single ("UK") or multiple codes ("AU;DE;UK;US") in a quoted string that is included in the config.txt file for user defined filters. In this work, this later form is sometimes referred to as a string array—it's logical effect.
- Assets with narrow single country scope would contain a single code after the tagname.
- Assets which were widely found in many regions (e.g. 'Caterpillar D7 bulldozer', will list the series of country codes of the region.)
- The codes have only a minor importance in Trainz and are primarily used in Trainz as a sort and selection criteria in user defined filters.
- Some Kind specifications will generate an error if the tag is undefined
- These codes do show up under the region column in Content Manager where they can be included in defining filters one can also use in Surveyor. This eliminates looking at undesired assets when focuses on developing your routes.
- For content that exists in multiple areas, when creating new assets, select appropriate codes in Content Creator Plus (CCP) or hand edit them into the config.txt ini files.
- For example
- a locomotive that was available in the United States and Canada would be specified as follows:
- One that was available in Australia, Canada, the United States and in the United Kingdom would be specified as follows:
Tables of codesEdit
The category-region codes below are in alphabetical order by sort criteria.
Legal codes that are recognized by Trainz are as follows:
by region code orderEdit
by country name orderEdit