RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/Configure Disks
Prev: Linux Install
Create Cluster (e)
- Create Interconnect
- Create Shared Disks
- Copy VM
- Configure Disks
- Configure Node 1
- Configure Node 2
- SSH and CVU
- In the Inventory tab at the left, select collabn1.
- Choose the Console tab. Click on the play button to start the VM. When you see the square boxes, click anywhere to open a console window.
- Login as the oracle user with the password racattack.
- Open a terminal window.
- Switch to the root user with the "su -" command. (The password is racattack.) CONFIRM that two new disks exist and that they have the appropriate sizes. These two lines should exactly match!! [root@collabn1 ~]# cat /proc/partitions major minor #blocks name ... 8 16 3407872 sdb 8 32 3407872 sdc
Create partitions on all of the newly created disks with fdisk.
- run fdisk /dev/sdb You should see the message "Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF disklabel"
- type "n" to create a new partition.
- type "p" for a primary partition.
- type partition number 1.
- press enter twice to accept the default first/last cylinders.
- type "t" to set the partition type.
- enter partition type da (Non-FS data).
- type "w" to write the partition table to disk.
- Repeat the previous step for disk /dev/sdc