Cookbook:Tuna Fish Cakes
- 3 cups (720 ml) cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 tin (425 g) tuna, drained
- ¾ cup (180 ml) tinned corn
- ¾ cup (180 ml) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- ½ cup (120 ml) cooked carrots, cut into small pieces
- 4 Tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (e.g. coriander, basil, parsley)
- 1 Tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (240 ml) breadcrumbs
- Combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Shape mixture into patties and gently roll in breadcrumbs until well coated.
- Place patties on a baking tray and cook in a moderately hot oven (200°C /400°F) for 30-35 minutes, turning once until golden brown and crisp. or
- Place patties under a moderately hot grill and cook for 8-10 minutes each side until golden brown and crisp. or
- Heat a small amount oil in a large frying pan and fry patties for 5 minutes each side until crisp and golden, drain well and keep warm to serve.