Cookbook:Swedish Meatballs I
(Redirected from Cookbook:Swedish Meatballs)
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Meat Recipes | Cuisine of Sweden
|Swedish Meatballs I|
Swedish meatballs (Köttbullar)
- Combine the liquid and bread crumbs in a bowl, and let it sit for 7–8 minutes.
- Mix in the ground beef, ground pork, egg, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into round meatballs, approximately 2–3 centimeters (1 inch) in diameter.
- Pan fry the meatballs on medium heat in a frying pan with butter for approximately 3–5 minutes. Fry them on all sides until they are brown and not pink in the middle. Shaking the pan occasionally will help the meatballs cook evenly.
- Serve them with mashed potatoes with a veal based brown sauce made with cream and lingonberry preserve or cranberry preserve.