Cookbook:Strawberry Shortcut Cake
This strawberry shortcut cake is one of those recipes from the 70s with lots of already-processed ingredients. It's very moist because the syrupy strawberry mixture starts on top and soaks through as the cake bakes.
- Generously grease the bottom of a 13x9 inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan.
- Thoroughly combine completely thawed strawberries and syrup with dry jello; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter over marshmallows, and spread out. Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45–60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool with ice cream or whipped cream.