Cookbook:Shrimp Fritters (Accra)
This recipe needs a photo. If you can, please add one.
|This Cookbook page needs an image. Please if you know where to find it, or upload one if you have an image of your own. See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.|
- 2 cups (480 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- ½ lb (~225 g) chopped shrimp
- 2 spring onions chopped.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) green pepper chopped
- 1 small onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) parsley
- 1 Scotch bonnet or hot pepper
- black pepper and salt (really optional here) to taste
- Combine green pepper, spring onions, onions, scotch bonnet, in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except water and mix thoroughly.
- Add enough water to make a soft mixture using a table spoon.
- Beat mixture until is smooth.
- Using a pan or deep fryer, drop spoonfuls in to the hot oil and fry until all sides are brown