Cookbook:Shrimp Fritters (Accra)
|This Cookbook page needs an image. Please if you know where to find it, or upload one if you have an image of your own. See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.|
|Shrimp Fritters (Accra)|
- ¼ cup (60 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet or other hot pepper, minced
- 2 cups (480 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- ½ lb (~225 g) chopped shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) parsley
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Combine green pepper, spring onions, onions, and scotch bonnet in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except water, and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in enough water to make a soft mixture using a spoon. Beat mixture until is smooth.
- Using a pan or deep fryer, drop spoonfuls in to hot oil, and fry until all sides are brown.