(Redirected from Cookbook:Sheer khurma)
- Heat the ghee in a large pot over a low heat.
- Add the cashew nuts to the ghee, and fry until browned.
- Turn off the flame and add the raisins. When the raisins swell up, take both them and the cashews out of the ghee with a spoon and set aside.
- Switch the low heat back on and heat the ghee. Add the vermicelli and fry, stirring so it turns golden-brown. Watch it carefully so it does not burn.
- Pour in the milk and water. Add the cashews and raisins back into the mixture.
- Add the sliced dates and almonds. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the vermicelli starts to get flexible; then add sugar.
- Keep on the low flame for another 2 minutes, then add cream and cardamom powder.
- Heat just a little longer and mix well.
- Serve hot.