Semolina pudding is a simple but tasty dessert that can be prepared quickly with just a few ingredients.
- 125 g of soft wheat semolina flour (a quarter liter)
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 100 g of sugar, possibly partially replaced by sweetener or omitted entirely
- 30 g of butter or 1 tablespoon of nutty-tasting cold-pressed cooking oil (hazelnut oil, walnut oil, poppy seed oil, rapeseed oil)
- Bring the milk with the salt and some grated lemon zest or a pinch of grated cinnamon to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Let the semolina to swell slowly with constant stirring and over low heat (this happens very quickly).
- After swelling, the sugar, vanilla sugar and butter are stirred in.
- The semolina porridge is taken off the stove and either placed on a plate or further refined:
- by stirring in whisked egg yolk
- Fold in beaten egg whites
After that, the semolina porridge should no longer be boiled.