Cookbook:Salmon with Rice and Sauce
|Salmon with Rice and Sauce
- If using frozen salmon, put the plastic-packaged fillets in the sink or a larger pot. Fill up the sink or pot with 40°C water so that the plastic salmon package floats. Let soak until thawed.
- Prepare the oven and set it to 170°C with heat source top and bottom.
- Place uncooked rice in stock pot.
- Fill the pot with cold water so the rice gets covered.
- Pour water and rice from pot into a sieve or colander. Let the strainer stay inside the sink. It is okay if some rice stays behind in the pot after all the water has drained.
- Transfer drained rice from strainer back into the stock pot using a large spoon. All remaining rice should end up in the pot.
- Add the water to the pot with the rice, stirring to combine. Make sure that all rice is in the water, and put on the pot lid.
- Put pot on stove over the highest heat. Check the rice regularly, and when the rice starts boiling reduce the heat to low. It should at most be at a low simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Place the carrots on the cutting board.
- Place kitchen knife and peeler on cutting board.
- Rinse the carrots under cold water.
- Peel the carrots.
- Cut the carrots in 4 equal in length pieces, and cut each one in the middle.
- Put carrots in an empty soup plate for salad.
- Put the frozen peas in a plate or soup bowl and thaw them in the strainer. Pour water on them so they will thaw quickly. Even just using cold water will still thaw them.
- Once the salmon has fully thawed, open the container and drain off of any liquids it contains.
- Put the salmon in a cake pan.
- Wash your hands to remove the smell of salmon, and discard the salmon packaging.
- Put the crème fraîche in a bowl using a spoon, then let spoon stay in bowl.
- Add the hot sauce to the crème fraîche. Mix with spoon to make a mostly homogeneous sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon in the cake tin, so the sauce fully covers the salmon.
- Put cake tin in preheated oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve the cooked salmon with the rice and prepared salad.
Notes, tips, and variations edit
The following ingredients can be substituted for the standard ingredients of this recipe: