Cookbook:Paneer Butter Masala
|Paneer Butter Masala|
Paneer Butter Masala also known as Paneer Makhani is a vegetarian dish from India which is also popular in the west. The dish combines paneer (Indian cottage cheese) in a butter sauce quite similar to butter chicken.
- 200 grams of paneer
- 400 grams of natural yoghurt
- 5 teaspoon of Hing
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 5 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 5 green or red chillies
- 1 onion
- 1 capsicum
- 2 tomatoes
- Fry paneer in ghee, or spray oil if desired and store in a bowl.
- Dice and sauté onions with oil in garlic and ginger paste until golden brown.
- Add diced capsicum and tomatoes.
- In a separate pan mix ghee, hing, cardamom, turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder, lemon juice, and cumin.
- Fry for 2 minutes, then add yoghurt.
- Cook on medium heat for five minutes.
- Add onions, diced capsicum, tomatoes, and paneer.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes occasionally stirring.
For more of a gravy texture reduce amount of natural yoghurt and add full cream milk with a spoonful of corn flour as desired.