For three 9-inch pies:
- ½ gallon (1.9 litres) ice cream, usually vanilla
- 12 ounce (340g) package Cool Whip
- 1 package Oreo sandwich cookies
- 3 crumb crusts, preferably Graham cracker or chocolate
- Begin by softening the ice cream enough to spread.
- Mix the softened ice cream with the Cool Whip.
- Crumble the Oreos. This can be done by putting the Oreos into a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- Mix the Oreos into the ice cream mixture.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the three pie crusts.
- Freeze for at least two hours.