Cookbook:Mung Bean and Brown Rice Curry
(Redirected from Cookbook:Mung Beans and Brown Rice)
|Mung Bean and Brown Rice Curry|
This is a hearty vegetarian dish that can be eaten hot or cold and served as an entire meal. The recipe will feed four with leftovers and keeps for a week refrigerated.
- ½ teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon tumeric
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 1 cup dry mung beans
- 5 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely-chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely-shredded carrots
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the mustard seeds.
- When they begin to pop, add the turmeric and fold in the rice and beans until coated with oil.
- Add the rest of the spices and water.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes; most of the water will be absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add vegetables.
- Make the marinade and pour mix in.