Cookbook:Miya Ridi (Nigerian Sesame Soup)
|Miya Ridi (Nigerian Sesame Soup)|
Miya ridi is a popular soup among the northern people of Nigeria. It is made from toasted sesame seed (ridi).
- Boil the meat with chopped onion and seasoning cube.
- Blend the toasted sesame seeds until smooth.
- Heat the palm oil in a pot, and add sliced onions and blended peppers. Fry until the onions are softened.
- Add the beef and beef stock. Add the fish, cover, and simmer until the sauce becomes thick.
- Mix in the ground sesame seed. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. Add a little water if the soup is too thick.
- Add the spinach, and turn off the heat.
- Serve with tuwo shinkafa, pounded yam, cooked wheat, or any swallow of your choice.