Paneer is a pressed uncured cheese usually made fresh. It can be bought in Indian or specialty grocery stores, or tofu can be substituted if paneer is not available.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry cumin seeds in oil. Add onions and cook till onions turn golden brown.
- Add pureed tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, Red chilli powder, salt and cook till fat separates.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Churn the curry in blender.
- Return the curry in pan and add paneer and peas. Cook till peas are tender.
- Garnish with chopped coriander. Served with a roti such as naan, chapati, puri or parantha.