A magic brownie is a brownie that has been infused with cannabis. Eating the brownie results in a cannabis high one to a few hours after consumption—as a result, care should be taken not to eat too many of them to avoid adverse effects.
Warning: The possession and use of cannabis is forbidden in many countries. Please read the wikibooks risk disclaimer before attempting to follow this recipe.
For about 9 medium brownies:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, and stir in the cannabis. Cook slowly over a low temperature for 2-3 hours. Do not allow to boil or exceed 200˚F.
- If desired, strain the butter to remove the cannabis solids.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler. Combine the melted chocolate and infused butter, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar, and allow the mixture to cool if needed.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Fold in the flour just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to a greased and/or parchment-lined pan. Bake at 360°F/180°C for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without any batter on it.
- Try using brown cane sugar instead of white sugar.
- Melt some chocolate and mix with a little sugar, vanilla, lemon, with a little more weed. Drizzle on the freshly cooked brownies for a little added flavour and high. This creates a nicer tasting brownie with more of a kick.
- Try adding a few crushed up biscuits before baking for a more varied taste.