Cookbook:Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (Glazed)
|Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (Glazed)|
|Energy||168 Cal / 705 kJ|
This delicious muffin recipe is a treat for a special morning.
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) milk
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) nonfat lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups (300 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (60 g) white sugar
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp lemon extract
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (120 g) confectioners' sugar
- 2 ½ tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cold butter.
- Sift the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest, lemon extract, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil, lemon yogurt, and egg together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture in three steps. Take care not to over-mix the batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until golden brown. Muffins should be springy to the touch and a toothpick stuck in will come out clean.
- While muffins are baking, prepare the glaze: Stir confectioners' sugar with the lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle muffins with glaze.
- Let cool on rack for 10 minutes and remove from muffin tin.
Notes, tips, and variations Edit
- ⅛ cup (30 g) sliced almonds can be sprinkled on after glazing for artistic flair.