- Combine melted butter, molasses, sugar, and spices.
- Add flour, mixing in 1 cup at a time up to 10 cups, working first with a fork, then by hand. Add another 1–2 cups flour just until the dough holds together.
- Chill dough at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll the dough out as thin as possible, and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- Transfer cookie cutouts to a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
Notes, tips, and variations
- For a spicier ginger flavor, increase the amount of ginger as desired.