For 500 cookies:
- Combine melted butter, molasses, sugar, and spices.
- Add flour, mixing in one cup at a time up to 10 cups, working first with a fork, then by hand. Add another cup or two of flour until the dough holds together.
- Chill dough at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Roll the dough out as thin as possible, and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- Transfer cookie cutouts to a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- For a spicier ginger flavor, increase the amount of ginger as desired.