- Preheat oven to 170° Celsius (338° Fahrenheit)
- Mix the buckwheat flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the maple syrup with the applesauce, the lemon juice and the grated ginger. Mash the bananas using the back of a fork before mixing them with the other wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the banana mixture. Be careful not to overmix. You don’t want to beat out all of the air.
- Once everything is mixed well together, add the dark chocolate and gently mix again.
- Line a baking tray (20 x 20 cm/ 8x8 inch) with parchment paper and pour the batter into it.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothstick comes out clean.