Cookbook:Garden Egg Stew
Garden egg stew, also galled garden egg sauce, is a Nigerian stew.
- Wash the garden eggs with salt. Cut them into smaller pieces, and boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Drain the garden egg, and mash it.
- Heat the palm oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and cook until softened. Add the chopped pepper and tomatoes, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded fish, ground crayfish, dried shrimp, ground pepper, chopped basil, and salt to taste. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the mashed garden egg. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with boiled plantain, yam, or potato.