Cookbook:Frog's Eye Salad
|Frog's Eye Salad|
Frog's Eye Salad is a dessert salad common in the American midwest.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan.
- Drain and rinse pasta.
- Drain cans of pineapple and oranges, reserving juice.
- Mix juices, sugar and egg yolks in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to full rolling boil, stirring frequently until thickened
- Pour hot sauce over pasta.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, add fruit and mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping and marshmallows.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Keep refrigerated
- Lasts for several days
- Garnish with Maraschino cherries
- You may optionally add 1/2 cup flaked coconut or chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.)