- 1 pkg Acini di pepe
- 2 cans (15-20oz each) crushed pineapple
- 2 cans (15-20oz each) mandarin oranges
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup (240 mL) sugar
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 1/2 pkg miniature marshmallows
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan.
- Drain & rinse pasta.
- Drain cans of pineapple and oranges, reserving juice.
- Mix juices, sugar and egg yolks in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to full rolling boil, stirring frequently until thickened
- Pour hot sauce over pasta.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, add fruit and mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping and marshmallows.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Keep refrigerated
- Lasts for several days
- Garnish with Maraschino cherries
- You may optionally add 1/2 cup flaked coconut or chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.)