Flapjacks (UK) are a type of sweet bar dessert that can be made in less than an hour. They should not be confused with American flapjacks, which are a type of pancake or griddle cake.
See also the traditional Scottish recipe.
- Melt the margarine gently in a saucepan.
- Once the margarine has melted, add the syrup into the saucepan and stir well.
- Add the sugar into the saucepan and stir well.
- Add the quick rolled oats into the saucepan and stir well until well mixed.
- Press the mixture into a well greased non-stick tin.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 30 minutes (change as necessary for the oven).
- Leave to cool in the tin.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Oats may be unsuitable for people with wheat allergy or celiac disease, because oats can be contaminated with wheat during processing. If cooking for someone with one of these conditions, be sure to look for oats that are specifically marked 'gluten-free' or 'wheat-free'.
- To make this recipe suitable for people with milk or soya allergy use a dairy free, soya free margarine.