Cookbook:Flapjacks (Traditional Scottish Recipe)
Scottish flapjacks are a type of baked bar dessert made with oats.
- Put the butter or margarine, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the fat and sugar have melted.
- Add the porridge oats and blend thoroughly.
- Press into a well greased 18cm square sandwich tin.
- Bake in the centre of a moderate oven at 180°C (350°F / gas mark 4) for 25 minutes or until evenly golden brown.
- Mark into fingers whilst warm.
- Allow to become almost cold in the tin before removing.