Ebatu soup, also known as garden egg soup, is a typical Nigerian dish made from garden eggs and often consumed by the Ebira people. It is served with eba, amala, pounded yam or tuwo shinkafa.
- Separately boil garden egg and ewedu leaves in water for a few minutes until tender. Drain each, and reserve.
- Mash garden egg with the maggi cube, and add salt to taste.
- Fry fish and beef in a pot.
- Add palm oil, blended pepper, garden egg mixture, and ewedu leaves. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve with eba, amala, or pounded yam.