Cookbook:Easy Christmas Fruit Cake
|Easy Christmas Fruit Cake|
This Christmas fruit cake can be eaten a day after making, with no fuss no waiting around for it to age. The original contributor left the following anecdote:
"This recipe was written out by my husband's sister who passed away at a very young age of 37, 12 Christmases ago. Thought we'd keep her cake alive and pass it on. We have no idea what recipe book this is out of, but lets keep it alive as a memory cake."
- In a saucepan on low heat warm raisins and orange juice until liquid is absorbed, then set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter cream cheese with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in orange zest. Stir again.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir into batter, following with the raisin mixture.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9-inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Bake in 300°F (~160°C) oven for about 80 minutes. Check it at 60 minutes with a cake tester or skewer.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a rack to cool completely.