- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, and 1¼ cups of sugar. Beat until creamy. Then beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; slowly add it to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Stir in chocolate chips. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- With a fork, mash brown sugar, cinnamon, and remaining butter until chunky, mixing in pecans if desired. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 50–55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in several places comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife or spatula around the edge of the pan to loosen.
- Cool completely before cutting.