Cookbook:Chocolate and Nut Covered Strawberries
|Chocolate and Nut Covered Strawberries|
|Yield||50 finished strawberries|
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted using a double boiler
- ¼ cup hazelnut-flavored syrup
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 strawberries, hulled
- 50 bamboo or wooden toothpicks
- Chopped hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, or almonds (optional)
- Crushed gingersnap cookies (optional)
- Combine melted chocolate, syrup, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- If using cookies or nuts, place them in a pie plate.
- Add strawberries to chocolate mixture and toss to coat. If using nuts or cookies, roll strawberries in them.
- Insert a toothpick into the side of each fruit and refrigerate until coating sets.
- Serve chilled.