Cookbook:Chocolate Marmalade Layer Cake
|Chocolate Marmalade Layer Cake|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
This recipe for chocolate cake uses the 6-6-6-3 method.
- 6 oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 oz butter
- 6 oz superfine sugar
- 3 eggs
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan/convection.
- Grease 2 round cake tins and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs until well-combined.
- Mix in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a cooling rack.
- When completely cool, cover one cake layer with a generous, even layer of marmalade. Place the second cake on top.
- If desired, dust the top with a small amount of powdered sugar as decoration.