Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use cooking spray to lightly coat an 8- or 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine pancake mix, chocolate chips, and ⅓ cup sugar, then stir until barely mixed.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, and water, and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into 16 ea. 2-inch dough balls.
- Place dough balls 2 or 3 inches apart in pan.
- Combine remaining ¼ cup sugar, cinnamon, and nuts, and mix well.
- Sprinkle nut mixture over dough balls.
- Bake until golden brown, about 24–26 minutes.
- Walnuts are good in this recipe.
- If using a Dutch oven, heat with about 15 briquettes of charcoal, with 9 or 10 on the top, and 5 or 6 on the bottom.
- ↑ Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved. Cooking spray not converted. Used chopped walnuts weight.