Chocolate Chip Coffee CakeEdit
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use cooking spray to lightly coat an 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- Combine baking mix, chocolate chips and (⅓ cup) sugar and stir until barely mixed.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, and water, and mix well.
- Spoon into 16 2-inch dough balls.
- Place dough balls 2 or 3 inches apart in pan.
- Combine remaining (¼ cup) sugar, cinnamon, and nuts and mix well.
- Sprinkle nut mixture over dough balls.
- Bake until golden brown, about 24-26 minutes.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
- Walnuts are REAL good in this recipe.
- If using a Dutch oven, heat with about 15 briquettes of charcoal, with 9 or 10 on the top, and 5 or 6 on the bottom.
- ↑ Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved. Cooking spray not converted. Used chopped walnuts weight.