Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Having this homemade pancake mix made in advance will allow you to quickly whip up pancakes.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp double-acting baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Use within 3 months.
- 2 cups pancake mix (see above)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups cultured buttermilk
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) butter, melted
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
- Fresh fruit if desired
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan to 350°F.
- Combine buttermilk with egg whites, then combine melted butter with egg yolks. Combine the two mixtures.
- Place wet mixture on dry mixture and stir for 10 seconds only. Walk away if you feel the need to stir more.
- Grease griddle with butter and wipe with paper towels until you can't see it.
- Gently ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle and sprinkle on fruit if desired. When bubbles begin to set around the edges of the pancake and the griddle-side of the cake is golden, gently flip the pancakes. Continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the pancake is set.