Cookbook:Chicken Rice Salad
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Side dishes | Canadian Cuisine
|Chicken Rice Salad|
- ½ cup (120 ml) mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (120 ml) plain yoghurt
- ½ cup (120 g) walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup (120 ml) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt or less, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups (700 g) cooked rice, cooled
- 2 cups (480 g) cooked chicken, cooled and chopped
- ¼ cup (60 g) grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- ½ cup (120 g) celery, chopped
- In the serving bowl, whisk or mix mayonnaise, yoghurt, cream of mushroom soup, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and dry mustard until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well using a spoon or fork.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Top with a sprig of parsley and serve.