- Sauté the chicken cubes, onion, mushrooms, and pimentos in the olive oil in a skillet.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl or cup.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, stir in the flour mixture, and cook over medium heat for about a minute.
- Add the milk and stir till thickened.
- Add the chicken and vegetable mixture to the sauce; stir together and cook a few more minutes.
- Serve over biscuits or toast.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- You can add one or two cloves of finely diced garlic to the chicken and vegetable mixture; add it last, when the chicken is almost done, because garlic burns quickly.
- You can add ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon powder to the flour instead of the salt and pepper.
- You can serve over toasted English muffins, rice, or pasta instead of biscuits or toast.