Cookbook:Catfish Pepper Soup
|Catfish Pepper Soup
Catfish pepper soup, also called point and kill, is a rich Nigerian soup enjoyed for its peppery and distinct taste.
- Clean the catfish, and slice it into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Boil some water and pour it over the fish chunks, stirring constantly. The hot water toughens the fish skin, preventing it from falling apart during cooking.
- Place the fish pieces in a pot with just enough water to cover them. Add the seasoning cubes, onion chunks, and habanero pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the ground ehu and scent leaves, and continue to simmer until the fish is done.
- Season with salt and pepper, and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the onion pieces, and serve hot.