Cookbook:Banana Pecan Bread
|Banana Pecan Bread|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Originally posted to Foodista by Wendi Spraker. Foodista recipes are released under a CC-BY license.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature and beaten
- 2 bananas (a little over-ripe is best)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare loaf pan by using baking spray. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and eggs on medium speed.
- Add the bananas and lemon juice and mix until creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then mix until just combined.
- Turn the mixer off, scrape down the sides, reset to medium and mix for another minute.
- Add the pecans and mix for about 20 seconds.
- Turn into the prepared 1 ½ lb loaf pan. Bake for 60–75 minutes at 325°F.