Cookbook:Azteca (Aztec-inspired Bean Soup)
|Azteca (Aztec-inspired Bean Soup)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Side dishes
This is from Bob Uhl’s recipe for Azteca found on his bachelor recipes site. It is inspired—in the loosest sense; it is not at all historical—by the diet of the Aztecs, whence comes the name. It’s quite tasty and filling.
- 1 can (~2 cups) corn
- 1 can (~2 cups) kidney beans
- 1 can (~2 cups) black beans
- ½ onion, finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 6 dried chilis (chili pequins), chopped
- Mustard seed, salt, and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix ingredients in pot.
- Add three cans of water.
- Boil until done.