- 2 soft-textured apples, sliced
- 1 splash of grapefruit or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons baking mix or biscuit mix
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine the baking mix, egg, brown sugar, and spices in a bowl.
- Rub the butter into the base mixture with your fingers. The mixture should not be sticky.
- Line an 8 by 8-inch (20 by 20 cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press the base mixture into the bottom of the baking pan (you might want to press it up the sides a little).
- Toss the sliced apples in the grapefruit or lemon juice, distributing the juice evenly.
- Combine the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking mix, and brown sugar.
- Toss most of the spice mix with the apples. Reserve the remaining spice mix.
- Tip the lightly coated apples on top of the prepared base in the pan. Try to arrange the slices to have an even layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture on top of the apples.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
- After allowing it to cool, you can lift the slice out of the baking pan by the corners of the parchment paper and put it on a plate for easy slicing.