Welcome to the XSLTForms Wikibook!
XSLTForms is an open source client-side implementation of XForms which is a World Wide Web Consortium recommendation for creating web forms and web applications. XSLTForms is developed by Alain Couthures (of agenceXML at Bordeaux, France).
- Introduction - About this book and overview of the technology.
- Background - A brief history and motivation for the XSLTForms project.
- Benefits - Why use XSLTForms?
- Applications - Who use XSLTForms?
- Naming Conventions - Naming standards used throughout this book.
These pages are for people who are just getting started.
- Installing and Testing - How to install XSLTForms. Although XSLTForms can be used without any server processing, you can find here information specific to your Web Server Technology:
- Generic HTTP Server - Works for any WebServer.
- ASP.NET - Inserting XForms into Asp.Net WebForms.
- eXist-db - Using XSLTForms with eXist-db
- HelloWorld - A simple test to see if XSLTForms is installed correctly.
- Some Common Problems.
- Instance Loading - Errors messages related to instances appears when loading a Form
- Form not correctly rendered - Forms not correctly shown in browsers
- Triggers not working - Form is correctly displayed, but submit and trigger buttons don't work
These pages discuss other topics of interest to XSLTForms users
- CSS - Styling XForms controls using Cascading Style Sheets.
- Using TinyMCE as mixed-content editor
XSLTForms is an XForms 1.1 implementation with some XForms 2.0 features, and a number of implementation-specific extensions to the language. The coverage of 1.1, the portions of 2.0 that have been implemented, and the implementation-specific extensions are discussed separately below.
XForms 1.1 coverageEdit
XForms 2.0 coverageEdit
- XForms 2.0
- XForms 2.0 elements and attributes
- XForms 2.0 functions
- XPath 2.0 and XForms 2.0 functions
- XSLTForms only Extensions
- XSLT-parameters: baseuri, xsltforms_caller, xsltforms_config, xsltforms_debug, xsltforms_lang
- Configurations-template file config_LANG.xsl
- Processing-Instructions: <?xsltforms-options?>, <?css-conversion?>
- New Elements
- New Functions:
- itext() (from JavaRosa)
- Miscellaneous functions
- User-Defined Functions
- Arithmetic expressions
Documentation for contributorsEdit
Information for contributors to the XSLTForms codebase or to this book.
- Notes for Contributing Code
- XSLTForms/XSLT 1.0 stylesheet/ - Templates.
- Contributing to this wikibook