Missing a KUID?Edit
Then start with this site: kuid.which uses the power of a bot to search out kuids far and wide on the over four hundred Trainz dedicated websites and tells you not only what site, but which page (i.e. a full url to the page) to goto to find that missing
Auran & N3V Games Trainz LinksEdit
Auran Holdings Pty. Ltd. continues on as a business entity, leasing rights to N3V Games, which currently develops, publishes, and manages the web holdings for Auran. These are private business arrangements that are no one else's business, but consequently, both company names are still in prominent use in the Trainz world.
- with information on each title and a link to the service packs download page.
- Among other things, this https (secure internet) portal is where you check your account, register, update your email, subscriptions, etc., and submit service tickets.
- , a large community and huge source of information on all things Trainz. The beating heart of Trainzdom and Trainz-think where you might find some declaiming about almost anything but non-Trainz topics.
- The place to go for user-to-user help for your technical hitches, latest screenshots and community views.
- You can bet that within minutes of a new upgrade release, somewhere around the world Trainzers are awake and soon a bevy of regular veteran Trainzers will be downloading installing it, so it is EXTREMELY unlikely you will see a problem first.
- In Trainz there are few problems encountered by just one, that haven't been experienced by the many—unless it's a new one the many are suddenly experiencing from a new software upgrade—in which case there will be a rush to share the experience and kvetch about it.
- Remember to use the search function before asking simple questions in a new thread. Such should be posted to the forum for the version of Trainz you are currently having an issue in.
- Registration required for posting and advanced functions, but basic viewing is open to everyone.
- Once logged in you can wade through the almost 100,000 items taking your pick. TRS2006 users may wish to just use CMP.
- — more often known as the Trainz Wiki, this knowledge resource infopedia is a wiki about Trainz matters, especially content references and a bit of new user help, with a smattering of tutorials on other subjects, particularly content creation.
- — providing the Trainz Asset Creation Studio (19.2MB), some textures, tutorials and help files. Also the place to obtain the 3D Studio Max plug-ins, Content Dispatcher and various source files.
- . The company and site for 3DS Max. Offers resources, documentation, plug-ins, service packs and the highly rated 3D modelling software, but bring a big wallet. Introductory prices start at about $2,500 (US dollars) and require yearly renewals and individually priced extensions. (i.e. for professionals, not hobbyists)
Content Creation EssentialsEdit
- Microsoft Flight Simulator and over half the assets on the Trainz DLS. Discreet may have sold out to Autodesk, and a casual hobbiest paying out several thousand a year for a supported version of 3ds Max is unrealistic, but Discreet made a very generous deal with , and you can still take advantage of this free promotion! from Turbosquid — Latter day home of the popular 3D content creation program that built
- — Home of the increasingly popular open source, 3D content creation suite BLENDER.
- — Site for all things 3D Canvas.
Content Creation TutorialsEdit
- — offering plenty of tutorials including the famous HOG/MicroDEM method of creating computer-generated terrain.
- World of Trainz tutorials. — Once called 'Essential for any beginner', PhilC closed this site down in early 2014 and publicly announced he was done hosting content and providing asset updates. Nor would he be turning his inventory of locomotives to carry on providing. Phil had possibly the most useful tutorials around, with examples in Gmax, 3ds Max, Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. PhilC, thanks for many years of service to the Trainz community.
Trainz Content DownloadsEdit
- An automatic download site with everything from standard to animated scenery. High detailed drivable over the road trucks, military vehicles, and even motorcycles. Specialized train locomotives and cars.
- A site providing some Trainz content and a small number of tutorials by a prolific early Trainz asset creator. Most of his content is built in on the DLS. Author search #1942 or tafweb in CM. Unfortunately, age and health have affected him and his 'Good Stuff'.
- UK site offering UK content downloads. Also includes some of the finest tutorials (by P. Hobbs), hints & tips and GMAX macros.
- Website representing the professional TPR team. The TPR web board membership is over 5,000 users.
- Site offering payware and freeware downloads including the Marias Pass-X route amongst several well engineered professional grade routes with new assets. An N3V Games/Auran partner since 2004.
- A UK site offering DLS downloads and related tutorials.
- A Slovakian site offering downloads, galleries and forums.
- Popular, well organized site offering many downloads, some tutorials, links and a few DivX clips.
- Australian Trainz site with freeware downloads and several useful tutorials.
- German site with several CDPs for download and a collection of tutorials, mainly in German.
- US website with downloads, screenshots and updates of ongoing projects.
- Site with an enourmous collection of custom content as well as tutorials, links and news upcoming projects.
- Home to the Murchison layouts. Includes downloads and screenshots. Sir Gibby is another iconic Trainz content creator notable not only for narrowgauge, but many scenery and trackside assets.
DEM Related LinksEdit
- DEM means Digital Elevation Model(s)
- Site of the freeware mapping software, used to open, convert, crop and modify DEMs, satellite imagery and vector data.
- — The Trainz terrain generation tool that produces your *.gnd files.
- — useful latitude/longitude conversion tool for those working with Terrain maps and DEM models.
- — Home of the TransDEM software by Dr. Roland Ziegler, aka Geophil, #126773. The sophisticated application used for getting Digital Elevation Data and Vector overlays into Trainz.
- Valuable resource for digital elevation data.
- Valuable US and much non-US resources for digital elevation data.
- Login required, a bit more complicated than the previous USGS site.
Other Useful LinksEdit
- — Site offering information and updates on the huge narrowgauge project.
- — Description and screenshots of custom content.
- — A site offering the Basemap CDPs and instructions on how to use them.
- — Site offering information on Glasgow Trainz projects.
-  had Layouts and activities for TRS2004 (SP4) and TRS2006 (SP1). (This great railway project is likely dead as of March 2014. jenolan (#59904) seems to have lost his interest in upgrading the vast content resources for Trainz to the newest versions though fans have undertaken that task with his permission. — former famed Australian Fantasy Railway website
- News, reviews and articles of anything related to virtual railroads.
- — A special site that makes Thomas the Tank engine-style content for Trainz on a route to match. Got little kids in the family?... start here!
- — Technical and operational tutorials, tips and tricks and utilities for Trainz. A computer professional, Shane practically lives on the Auran forums helping others. Also keeps download links for Service Packs and hotfixes.
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- Razorback-Railway-Classic-Map-and-TS2012, accessdate=2014-0419