| A Wikibookian questions the neutrality of this book.
You can help make it neutral, request assistance, or view the relevant discussion.
|About This Book · Q&A · Recommended Books|
|The Science:||The Evolution of the Human Brain · How Women Select Men · How Men Select Women · How Our Ancestors Lived · Monogamy and Polygamy · Hormones · Communication Styles|
|Life Stages:||Childhood – Seeking Unconditional Love · Adolescence – Seeking Romantic Love · Adulthood – Families And Forgiveness · Agape – Altruistic Love|
|Practical Advice:||Where Couples Met · Flirting · How to Write a Personal Ad · Dating · Sex · Becoming a Couple · Conflict In Relationships|
|Personality Types:||Emotional Control Systems · Zeus-Hera · Poseidon-Athena · Apollo-Artemis · Hermes-Hestia · Ares-Hephaestus-Aphrodite · Dionysus-Demeter · Hades-Persephone|
The Science of RelationshipsEdit
- The Evolution of the Human Brain
- What makes us distinct from other animals.
- Admiration, Lust, Passion and Love
- The sexual peaks of women's monthly cycles - and how men can boost their testosterone without pills or patches.
- How Our Ancestors Lived
- We're rediscovering the peaceful, egalitarian lifestyle of our ancestors.
- Communication Styles
- Communication to form hierarchies, as opposed to communication to form support circles.
- How Women Select Men
- High-status, entertaining men attract women's attention. Continual emotional connection makes women want a lasting relationship.
- How Men Select Women
- Visible beauty attracts men's initial attention, but it is a woman's inner beauty that makes a man want a lasting relationship.
- Monogamy and Polygamy
- Throughout history, many humans have been moderately polygamous. So are modern "serial monogamists."
- Childhood - Seeking Unconditional Love
- ...and what happens to people who weren't loved as children.
- Adolescence - Seeking Romantic Love
- Young people feel passionate desire for mirrors of themselves.
- Adulthood - Families And Forgiveness
- Mature individuals love their real partners.
- Agape - Altruistic Love
- How loving one individual leads to loving others.
- Where Couples Met
- Friends and family introduced them at school, work, and church.
- How to be fascinating to the opposite sex.
- How to Write a Personal Ad
- ...and find a website or publication that gets you dates.
- Help your date experience a wide range of emotions.
- Pregnancy, STDs - and tips for better kissing and "aural" sex.
- Becoming a Couple
- Switch gender roles to move from dating to a committed relationship.
- Conflict In Relationships
- Learning to love while accepting disagreement makes you healthy and, in the long run, happy.
- Emotional Control Systems
- The basis of personality types.
- Power, tradition, and social status.
- Integrating emotions with prudence.
- Adventure and good sense.
- A fun, happy home.
- The weekend warrior and the movie star.
- Wounding and healing.
- Transformation and transcendence.