RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/Prep for OS Installation
Linux Install (e)
- Create VM
- Prep for OS Installation
- OS Installation
- Wrap-up OS Installation
- Create RAC Attack DVD
- Prep for Oracle
Next: Create Cluster
VIRTUAL DVD CONFIGURATION:
|Virtual Device Node (Adapter/Device)||Path (Datastore/Directory/Filename)|
|IDE 0:0||[RAC11g-iso] Enterprise-R5-U6-Server-i386-dvd.iso|
|IDE 0:1***||[RAC11g-iso] RAC11gR2.iso***|
***INSTRUCTOR-LED CLASS ONLY
- In the Inventory tab at the left, select collabn1 (the virtual machine we just created).
- From the Commands box, click Add Hardware. In the window that appears, click CD/DVD Drive.
- Choose to Use an ISO Image.
- Click Browse and locate the file [RAC11g-iso] Enterprise-R5-U6-Server-i386-dvd.iso.
Open the section called Virtual Device Node and choose IDE 0:0. Then click Next.
Carefully follow this step because it's easy to miss.
- Click Finish to add the device. Don't power on the virtual machine yet.
If you are in a class, then the instructor may have provided a second virtual DVD named RAC11gR2.iso to save some class time. It contains all additional software downloads.
- Repeat all previous steps from this lab to add the second DVD using RAC11gR2.iso image and choosing IDE 0:1.
- Continue below.
- Scroll down to the Hardware box and confirm the Virtual Machine settings. They should match this picture (except that you should only see the second DVD if you are in a class and it was provided by the instructor):