Punjabi/Conversation/SeekingAdvice< Punjabi | Conversation(Redirected from Punjabi/Conversation/Lesson4)
ਸਲਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ - Seeking adviceEdit
Occasionally you may feel seeking advice from an elder, a superior or someone endowed with superior wisdom or knowledge may help you deal with some issue that you may be facing. This sample gives you some idea how you do that.
- Jyoti : Sir, please advise me if I should take science or arts for my graduation.
- Teacher : Science can be good means of employment.
- Jyoti : That is correct but my interest is in arts.
- Teacher : Then you should go for arts.
Sometimes you may ask for suggestions to garner different options before taking a final decision. This is how you may do that.
- Headmaster : We will bring out school magazine from this year.
- Teacher : What will be its title?
- Headmaster : I am asking suggestions for its title from all students.
When choosing from amongst different options or trying to judge something, some event or even an idea or opinion you may benefit from opinions of your colleagues or oyhers. This is how you ask for their opinion.
- Headmaster : I have received lots of suggestions for the title of the school magazine.
- First teacher : Yes, I like Deep Sikha and Navdeep.
- Headmaster : Let other teachers also give me their opinion.
- Second teacher : In my opinion Deep Sikha is better.
At times you may be faced with a difficult situation and you may decide to take help from your teacher, friends or acquaintances.
- Teacher : Jyoti what is the matter, why are you giving a troubled look?
- Jyoti : Sir, I am unable to solve this question. Please help me solve it.
- Teacher : Bring it to me, I will solve it for you.