Cookbook:Zereshk Palau (Iranian Rice with Barberries) I
(Redirected from Cookbook:Zereshk Palau)
|Zereshk Palau (Iranian Rice with Barberries) I|
Zereshk Palau is an Iranian rice dish cooked with barberries.
- Soak dried barberries in water for 20–30 minutes. Strain to remove any stones.
- Sauté the chopped onion in a frying pan with a dash of oil. Mix in the barberries, and cook over low heat.
- Cook chicken on top of rice in a rice cooker.
- When rice is done, fluff and put in a large bowl.
- Grind saffron with mortar and pestle. Mix in 1 teaspoon of water, then stir in some of the cooked rice.
- Return the saffron rice to the main dish, and add the onion mixture.
- Toss rice to mix well with other ingredients.
- Serve with lavash or barbari bread.